Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2022 Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Images, Captions! Martin Luther King Jr. Day (officially Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., and sometimes referred to as MLK Day) is a federal holiday in the United States marking the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year. Born in 1929, King’s actual birthday is January 15 (which in 1929 fell on a Tuesday).
Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2022 Captions for Instagram & Facebook Post:
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
- It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.
- Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
- It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.
- The surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.
- We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.
- Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
- The moral arc of the universe bends at the elbow of justice.
- We must accept finite disappointment but never lose hope.
- There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.
- I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
- All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
- Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.
- Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality.
- Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.
- A lie cannot live.
- Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.
- Life’s most urgent and persistent question is what are you doing for others.
- Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.
- An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.
- We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak.
- No person has the right to rain on your dreams.
- Seeing is not always believing.
- You can kill the dreamer but you can’t kill the dream.
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
- True peace is not merely the absence of tension, it is the presence of justice.
Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 Wishes:
- “If there is injustice in part of the world then it is a threat to justice in every part of the world…. Wishing a very Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day…”
- “Let us live our lives together as brothers or soon you will vanish as fools from this planet…. Best wishes on Martin Luther King Jr Day…”
- “He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love…”
- “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant…”
- “On the occasion of Martin Luther King Jr Day, let us take inspiration from the inspiring life of Martin Luther King Jr. and make our live worthy in every sense… Best wishes…”
- “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love…”
- “A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live…”
- “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear…”
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope…”
- “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others…”
- “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness…”
- “Let us celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day by working on our education, by making it a package of intelligence and character-building…”
- “I am sending you best wishes on Martin Luther King Jr Day…. May we celebrate this wonderful day by following the teachings of Martin Luther King Jr Day the great…”
Martin Luther King Jr Day Inspirational Quotes 2022:
- “Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see…”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends…”
- “You will change your mind; You will change your looks You will change your smile, laugh, and ways but no matter what you change, you will always be you…”
- “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better… ”
- “We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the positive affirmation of peace…”
- “The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one…”
- “Not only will we have to repent for the sins of bad people but we also will have to repent for the appalling silence of good people…”
Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 Status:
- “The choice is not between violence and nonviolence but between nonviolence and nonexistence…”
- “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men…” “True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar; it comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. ..”
- “We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right…”
- “There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth.”
- “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education…”
- “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity…”
- “Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man…”
How to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2022?
If you love Martin Luther King then you should do something different on this day. As it’s a national holiday you get a huge amount of time to do so. Let’s discuss what you can do on this special day-
Read Martin Luther King’s History:
He was a complete human being. If you can study his whole life, then you will learn how to live for others. You will learn how to do something for people. So you can do some research on the internet. You will find a lot of blogs on the internet that will help you to know more about Martin Luther King. You can also watch some videos which are made by this special person.
Do something for the black community:
It is said that black people are getting the same rights but still you can do something on this day for them. Martin spent his entire life for this community, you can at least spend one day, can’t you?
Talk about racism:
Yes, you can have a conversation with each other about racism. You can talk that, how cheap it is to be a racist. On this special day find out people who use to do a study on this issue, start a conversation about it. You will know a lot.