European Languages Day – European Day of Languages 2022 (Monday, September 26)! The European Day of Languages (EDL) is celebrated across Europe on the September 26. Now in its seventeenth year, the European Day of Languages was first officially celebrated in 2002 following the success of the European Year of Languages in 2001. The day is organized jointly by the European Union and the Council of Europe.
Europe is lucky to enjoy a rich diversity of languages and cultures with 200 European languages, and 24 Official EU languages and it is estimated around 60 regional or minority languages. These figures are not include languages spoken by people from elsewhere within the world who have migrated to live within the EU which enriches the diversity of languages spoken still further.
The purpose of the European Day of Language is to celebrate both the cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe and to encourage and promote language learning.
Why does Europe Celebrate “European Day of Languages 2022?
There are some General Objectives available to celebrate European Languages Day and their short list are…
- Alert the public to the importance of language learning and diversify the range of languages learned in order to increase plurilingualism and intercultural understanding;
- Encourage lifelong language learning in and out of school.
- To celebrate the diversity of languages and cultures within Europe.
- To encourage language learning at any age.
- Promote the rich linguistic and cultural diversity of Europe.
- To promote intercultural understanding.
- To diversify the range of languages learnt.
European Day of Languages Quotes, Greetings, Wishes, Messages, SMS, Text, Saying & Status 2022:
On the European Languages Day, many European people are searching best wise quotes from European Day of Languages 2022 and also messages, Wishes, and Quotes. Here below we update some European Languages Day 2022 Quotes. Just, collect the best inspirational European Day of Languages Quotes 2022 and share them on social media with #EDL2022 or #EuropeanLanguagesDay or #EuropeanDayofLanguages hashtag.
- “If I’m selling to you, I speak your language. If I’m buying, Dann müssen Sie Deutsch sprechen.” — Willy Brandt
- “The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.” – Frank Smith
- “With languages, you are at home anywhere.” – Edward De Waal
- “You can never understand one language until you understand at least two.” – Geoffrey Willans
- “A different language is a different vision of life.” – Federico Fellini
- “Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.” ‒Rita Mae Brown
- “Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.” ‒ Roger Bacon
- “Change your language and you change your thoughts.” ‒ Karl Albrecht
- “He who knows no foreign languages knows nothing of his own.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “A special kind of beauty exists which is born in language, of language, and for language.” ‒ Gaston Bachelard
- “If we spoke a different language, we would perceive a somewhat different world.” ‒ Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.” ‒ Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “To have another language is to possess a second soul.”‒ Charlemagne
- “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.” ‒ Flora Lewis